This article assumes the following have already been setup:
- You already have a Ticker Tocker account and know your username/email and password
- You have an External Strategy already setup, which means you have the following info. If you don't, please contact support.
- Strategy UUID
- Account Secret Key
- You have MT5 setup already with a non-Hedging account.
- You have TTPositionWatcher.zip file from Ticker Tocker Support
The purpose of Ticker Tocker Position Watcher for MT5 is for MT5 traders who manually trades in MT5 to automatically share their strategy trades with Ticker Tocker investors who subscribe to your strategy.
To set this up in MT5, please follow the below steps
1. After opening MT5, go to the "Tools -> Options" menu, select the "Expert Advisors" tab.
Please make sure that "Allow WebRequest for listed URL:" is checked. Then, add the following URLs to the list:
2. In MT5, go to the "Tools -> MetaQuotes Language Editor" menu. This will open up the code editor.
3. In MetaEditor, you will see a folder called "Experts" in the Navigator. Then right click on "Experts" and select "Open Folder":
4. Unzip TTPositionWatcher.zip into the "Experts" folder that just opened up.
5. Return to MetaEditor and right click on the TTPositionWatcher.mq5 file, and select "Compile":
6. Return to MetaTrader main window and open up a chart.
7. Right click on TTPositionWatcher in the main window Navigator and select "Attach to Chart":
8. A popup window shows up. Please click on the "Inputs" tab and fill in your credentials and strategy UUID and then click on "Save" and "OK". Note, if using "signalType = Verified Trade", the "strategy_uuid" can be left blank.
9. You will see a confirmation that this is running by seeing a icon in the top right corner of the chart.
NOTE - Keep this chart window up or minimized so TTPositionWatcher will be running.
You do not have to trade off this chart. You can enter trades as you normally would for this chart's symbol.
10. Now that TTPositionWatcher is running, any manual trades that are executed for the symbol of the chart you attached it to will be automatically sent to your strategy in Ticker Tocker for your followers. To send trades for other symbols, attached TTPositionWatcher to a chart for that symbol.