This article assumes the following already has been setup
- You already have a Ticker Tocker account and know your username/email and password
- You have an External Strategy already setup, which means you have the following info. If you don't, please contact support.
- Strategy UUID
- Account Secrety Key
- You have MT5 setup already.
- You have TTPositionWatcher.zip file from Ticker Tocker Support
The purpose of Ticker Tocker Position Watcher for MT5 is for MT5 traders who manually trades in MT5 to automatically share their strategy trades with Ticker Tocker investors who subscribe to your strategy.
To set this up in MT5, please follow the below steps
1. After opening MT5, goto Tools->Options
Please make sure that "Allow WebRequest for listed URL:" is checked. Then, add "https://prod-signals-api.tickertocker.com" to the list
2. In MT5, goto Tools->MetaEditor. This will open up the code editor.
3. In MetaEditor, you will see a folder called Scripts in the Navigator. Then right click on Script and select "Open Folder"
3. Unzip TTPositionWatcher.zip into the Scripts folder that just opened up.
4. Return to MetaEditor and right click on the TTPositionWatcher.mq5 file, and select Compile
5. Return to MetaTrader main window and open up a chart.
6. Right click on TTPositionWatcher in the main window Navigator
7. A popup window shows up. Please click on the Inputs tab and fill in your credentials and strategy UUID and then click on Save and OK.
8. You will see a confirmation that this is running by seeing a icon on top right corner of the chart.
NOTE - Keep this chart window up or minimized so TT Position Watcher will be running.
You do not have to trade off this chart. You can enter trades as you normally would.
9. Now that the TT Position Watcher is running, any manual trades that are executed will be automatically sent to your strategy in Ticker Tocker for your followers.