This article assumes the following have already been setup:
- You already have a Ticker Tocker account and know your username/email and password.
- You have an External Strategy already setup, which means you have the following info. If you don't, please contact support.
- Strategy UUID
- Account Secret Key
- You have MT4 setup already with a non-Hedging account.
- You have the TTPositionWatcher-MT4.zip file.
The purpose of Ticker Tocker Position Watcher for MT4 is for MT4 traders who manually trades in MT4 to automatically share their strategy trades with Ticker Tocker investors who subscribe to your strategy.
To set this up in MT4, please follow the below steps
1. After opening MT4, go to the "Tools -> Options" menu, select the "Expert Advisors" tab.
Please make sure that "Allow WebRequest for listed URL:" is checked. Then, add the following URLs to the list:
2. In MT4, go to the "File -> Open Data Folder" menu:
3. Inside the folder than opens, open the folder named "MQL4":
4. Inside of the "MQL4" folder, open the folder named "Experts":
5. Extract the TTPositionWatcher-MT4.zip file contents to the "MQL4 > Experts" folder:
6. Return to the MetaTrader main window and open up a chart.
7. In the Navigator, right click on "Experts Advisors" and select "Refresh". Next, right click on "TTPositionWatcher" and select "Attach to Chart":
8. In the Expert window that opens click on the "Inputs" tab and fill in your credentials and strategy UUID and then click on "Save" and "OK".
- only_sync_this_chart_symbol = true/false
- When set to true, only orders placed for the currency pair symbol of that chart that you applied the EA to will be sent to Ticker Tocker. When set to false, all orders for the account for any symbol will be sent to Ticker Tocker.
- user_name = Your Ticker Tocker login username
- password = Your Ticker Tocker login password
- secret_key = Your Ticker Tocker Secret Key
- strategy_uuid = Your Ticker Tocker Strategy UUID
- signal_type = Strategy Signal
- When set to Strategy Signal, orders placed are sent to Ticker Tocker as a trading strategy signal that your followers will have automatically placed on their accounts. When set to Verified Trade, all orders placed are sent to Ticker Tocker as verified trade ideas that your followers will get alerts for and then they can choose if they want to place a manual trade or not based on the alert.
9. You will see a confirmation that this is running by seeing a icon in the top right corner of the chart.
NOTE - Keep this chart window up or minimized so TTPositionWatcher will be running.
You do not have to trade off this chart. You can enter trades as you normally would for this chart's symbol.
10. Now that TTPositionWatcher is running, any manual trades that are executed for the symbol of the chart you attached it to will be automatically sent to your strategy in Ticker Tocker for your followers. To send trades for other symbols, attached TTPositionWatcher to a chart for that symbol.